Should I Buy or Lease?
Our team here at Kearny Mesa Ford are always happy to set up a free consultation for you to go over all of your options and help you find what works best for you. Feel free to contact us at (888) 898-0389 to set up your appointment today!
We’ve provided some information below to consider.
The biggest difference between buying and leasing is ownership. Buying a car means that the vehicle is yours to do with and drive for as long as you like. Leasing on the other hand is like renting in that the vehicle is not yours, is usually returned to the owner after all payments are made, and has to be kept in good condition.
Consider BUYING if you:
- Like to drive or have a long commute – no worry; buying means unlimited miles
- Plan to have a large down payment
- Want to customize – personalizing with aftermarket equipment is allowed
- Expect to keep the vehicle for more than a few years
- Want to own the vehicle free and clear – once all payments are made the vehicle is yours
Consider Leasing if you:
- Can anticipate annual mileage needs over the next few years – miles are limited
- Keep your vehicle clean and in good working condition
- Like having the ‘latest and greatest’ – leasing can mean a new car more frequently
- Prefer to have a vehicle that is under warranty
- Value the convenience of returning your vehicle at the end of the agreement
And, whether you BUY or LEASE:
Ultimately, buying or leasing is a personal decision based upon your needs and preferences. Checking with family and friends, and doing some online research may also be beneficial in making a final decision.